September 2021 onwards
We are now following Schools COVID-19 operational guidance published by the government on 27 September 2021. A school risk assessment is in place linked to the following 4 control measures:
- Ensure good hygiene for everyone
- Maintain appropriate cleaning regimes
- Keep occupied spaces well ventilated
- Follow public health advice on testing, self-isolation and managing confirmed cases.
Pupils and visitors are not required to wear face coverings. Hand sanitiser is available throughout the building. Classrooms are well ventilated. Home-testing kits are regularly distributed.
Please do not send a pupil to school if they have tested positive or are awaiting a test result. Please follow the latest government guidelines on isolation periods.
The school has a contingency plan to step up safety measures or move to remote teaching, should local or national guidance change. The school carried out a remote learning contingency planning day on 20 October 2021 to train and remind pupils and parents how to access remote teaching.
Covid - March 2020 to July 2021
- How to do a coronavirus (Covid-19) rapid lateral flow test at home or at a test site (translated copies) - click here
- Information on symptoms: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
- How to get a test: https://www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test
- How to get a test if you are an essential worker: https://www.gov.uk/apply-coronavirus-test-essential-workers
- Stay at home guidance for households with potential coronavirus infection: https://www.gov.uk/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance
- Testing and tracing for coronavirus: https://www.nhs.uk/testing-and-tracing
- Safer travel guidance for passengers: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-travel-guidance-for-passengers
- Advice on shielding: https://www.gov.uk/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19
Safety & Wellbeing
Social media/Online safety
Childline: for free and confidential advice - click here
Mental health and wellbeing
|SJW staff are available to support pupils, contact them using the email address below: firstname.lastname@example.org
Young Minds: if the current news on coronavirus is making you feel anxious, concerned or stressed, this website has tips to help - click here
MIND: tips & guidance on a variety of things that might be concerning you now - click here
Headspace: an app providing a range of meditations & resources to help you relax, sleep and more - click here
Kooth: online mental wellbeing community. Free, safe and anonymous support - click here
Supporting your child with returning to school: this website provides resources and guidance to help you support your child with returning to school. Topics include- worry and sadness, anxiety and stress and low mood - click here
pierdere a unei persoane apropiate
If you are suffering the loss of a family member or friend, there are some websites below that may help & comfort you.
Local food banks
|New Life Wesleyan Church
Phone: 0121 5070734
Opening times: Thursday 13:00-15:00
Salma Food Bank Project
If you need any further support regarding your child’s wellbeing, please contact the school office to speak to one of the following members of staff: